I-5 and other area freeways, highways and streets serve as important and convenient routes for residents of the Everett area, as well as travelers headed towards Oregon, Seattle and Canada. However, people moving in and through the area are sometimes surprised to find themselves facing serious traffic violation charges, including DUI and DWI.
Punishments for Traffic Violations, DUI and DWI Charges
Whether you live in the Everett area or were passing through from Oregon, Canada or elsewhere, if you face traffic violations, consequences can be considerable:
- If you are convicted of DUI or DWI, your driver’s license will be suspended.
- You may face jail time of up to one year.
- A criminal record can threaten both your current job and your ability to obtain future employment.
- If you are an American citizen, you will not be allowed to enter Canada.
- If you are Canadian, your charges may be complicated by the fact that DUI and DWI charges are felonies in Canada.
- You may lose your commercial driver’s license.
- Your security clearance in private and government facilities may be revoked.
- You may face military sanctions.
Traffic Violations, Speeding and DUI/DWI Charges • We Can Help
Speeding, traffic violations charges and DUI/DWI charges are based on complicated police procedures conducted by police officers who often lack the proper training. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, we can fight your case by examining the circumstances of your charges, using your prior record of responsible driving and other factors to seek to have your charges reduced or dismissed. If your conviction holds, our attorneys can argue for probation, monitoring programs and treatment to reduce your sentence. We have a reputation for effective and aggressive representation with a continual eye for the best results for each client.
Contact us with your speeding, traffic violation and DUI/DWI questions. We offer free initial consultations, and we are available for weekday, evening and weekend appointments. We are available by phone 24 hours a day for emergencies, and we also have in-house Spanish translation available. We accept credit cards, and are conveniently located on Broadway. Contact a lawyer at 425-258-9103.
Author: James Hill