Social Security Survivor Benefits
Social Security provides benefits to survivors of people covered by Social Security. Widows and widowers, unmarried children, children still in school and divorced spouses are the primary beneficiaries of this law. This benefit is more like insurance than the retirement income typically associated with Social Security.
The lawyers at Russell & Hill, PLLC, help people resolve issues related to survivor’s benefits. Issues that make survivor benefits more complicated, for example, include issues related to the age and disability of a surviving spouse. Our attorneys can help you untangle these matters so you can get the benefits you deserve.
Contact the Everett, Washington, law firm of Russell & Hill. Call us toll-free at 855.212.9165 to learn more about obtaining survivor benefits for yourself or your children.
Questions About Survivor Benefits?
Our lawyers help answer questions such as these:
- I’m disabled and my spouse just died. Can I receive survivor benefits?
- I’m taking care of my disabled child after the death of my spouse. Do I have to wait until retirement to receive benefits?
- My kids are still in high school. Can they receive survivor benefits?
- I’ve been taking care of my grandchildren. Are they eligible for survivor benefits?
- I’ve been helping support my parents. If I die, will they get anything?
- My husband was applying for SSDI when he died. Can I still get his disability benefits?
- My wife and I divorced many years ago. Can she get any benefits after I die?
- I heard there is a lump sum death benefit. What do I need to do to receive this?
Our attorneys answer questions such as these and help people complete the necessary paperwork to apply for survivor benefits.
Contact Us Today
For information about Social Security survivor benefits, contact us by e-mail or call 855.212.9165 to schedule a free initial consultation.
We receive many referrals from former clients. They send their relatives and friends to us because they have experienced our thorough and diligent representation and know we do everything we can for our clients.
Come to Russell & Hill for the following services:
- Free initial consultations
- Weekday, evening and weekend appointments
- Phone consultations 24 hours a day in emergencies
- In-house Spanish translation
- A convenient location on Broadway in Everett
Author: James Hill