What Are the Consequences of Working While on SSDI?
People often have questions about working while receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). They want to know how much they can earn and still receive benefits. They wonder whether going back to work part-time will affect the amount they receive.
At the Everett, Washington, law firm of Russell & Hill, PLLC, our lawyers help people with all aspects of SSDI and SSI claims. We answer questions about the consequences of working while receiving benefits or returning to work after applying for SSDI. We also can help you get information about the Ticket to Work program and other incentives.
If you have questions about working when receiving benefits, contact a lawyer at Russell & Hill. We can provide you with the information you need to decide about working while disabled.
How We Help
It is important that people understand the financial consequences of working while receiving benefits. We help people answer questions such as these:
- How much can I earn without affecting my benefits?
- Are there any programs that will help me get back to work?
- Is there a trial period so I can see whether returning to work is a good option?
- What if I get sick again and have to stop working?
- What about the Medicare I was receiving? Will that stop if I return to work?
- I had to buy a new wheelchair to go to work. Can I be reimbursed for this expense?
- I had a disability hearing scheduled, but was able to return to work before the hearing. Can I still receive any benefits for the period before I returned to work?
- What is substantial gainful activity and how does it affect me?
Don’t jeopardize your benefits. Our attorneys have experience handling all types of SSDI and SSI matters and can advise you.
Contact Us Today
For information about working while receiving benefits, contact us by e-mail or call 855.212.9165 to schedule a free initial consultation.
We receive many referrals from former clients. They send their relatives and friends to us because they have experienced our thorough and diligent representation and know we do everything we can for our clients.
Come to Russell & Hill for the following services:
- Free initial consultations
- Weekday, evening and weekend appointments
- Phone consultations 24 hours a day in emergencies
- In-house Spanish translation
- A convenient location on Broadway in Everett
Author: James Hill