Meet Connie Hasten, personal injury paralegal at Russell & Hill, PLLC
Connie Hasten is a personal injury paralegal at free initial consultation who specialize in personal injury cases. Connie has more than 21 years of experience working in law offices in Everett, Seattle and Honolulu. She prefers to work on cases where she can help injured clients and their families, but also has experience in employment, real estate, criminal, and family law. She is a Washington native and appreciates the natural beauty that is found here.
Personal Injury Paralegal
• Maintain file including documents involving contact with insurance carrier(s), client, health care provider(s), employer(s) and state/local agencies.
• Obtain, review, organize, and analyze medical records. If appropriate, compile medical notebook for each individual involved in action.
• Conduct computerized medical, scientific, and technical literature research. Analyze materials and prepare synopsis.
• As necessary and appropriate, interview doctors, nurses, and hospital personnel involved in patient care.
• Obtain, review, and organize damage information; calculate damages (medical expenses, lost wages, household expenses, consortium claims, property damages); prepare, maintain, and update damage summaries.
• Prepare settlement proposals, including assembling information on the history of plaintiff and the nature and effect of injuries and damages.
• Develop information and acquire records for wrongful death, i.e., supporting evidence regarding sibling and/or child/parent economic claims.
• Obtain factual information about products, companies, and individuals from various resources, including government agencies.
• As necessary and appropriate, arrange medical examinations for client or opposing parties.
• Communicate with experts and provide copies of all relevant documentation regarding accident, product information, and/or medical care, including all summaries of same.
• Answer client questions, keep client updated on progress of case.
• Liaison with insurance adjusters, provide necessary information/documentation to adjusters.
- B.A., Business Education, University of Washington, Seattle, WA