Getting pulled over and arrested for driving under the influence is scary. Nobody wants to go through this, and you may be wondering what comes next. If you or a loved one have been arrested and charged with DUI, contact an attorney as soon as possible. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, you can count on our Seattle DUI attorneys to show you how to win a DUI hearing. Our knowledgeable and experienced team is ready to investigate all aspects of your crash so we can get the charges against you reduced or dismissed altogether.
How to beat DUI charges in Washington?
Just because you have been “lawfully” arrested for DUI does not mean that everything was done by the books. It does not even mean that you were impaired at the time of the arrest. DUI charges are complicated, and there are times when the police simply do not get it right. Law enforcement officials have protocols and procedures they need to follow.
You have rights, and the team at Russell & Hill, PLLC are going to look at the following when working on your defense:
- Whether you were stopped legally by law enforcement. If you were not stopped legally (due to reasonable suspicion or probable cause), their entire case against you could be thrown out.
- Whether you were actually impaired at the time of the stop. This is important. There are times when a person is not actually impaired, but medical conditions or disabilities make them appear to be impaired.
- Whether the breathalyzer test was properly administered. If the breath test is not administered properly or if the machine being used has not been maintained, it could give a false reading.
- Whether all field sobriety tests were properly administered. Field sobriety tests are designed such that even a person who has not been drinking has trouble completing them. Anyone with disabilities or certain medical conditions could fail these tests without actually being impaired.
The penalties for DUI are severe
You do not want to be convicted of a DUI. For first time offenders in Washington, the following penalties apply:
- Blood alcohol level above .08% but less than .15%
- One to 364 days in jail
- 15 days of electronic home monitoring or 90 days in an alcohol treatment program
- Fines ranging from $550 to $5,200
- License suspension of 90 days
- Blood alcohol level over .15%
- Two to 364 days in jail
- 30 days of electronic home monitoring or 120 days in an alcohol treatment program
- Fines ranging from $700 to $5,200
- License suspension of one year
Let us get to work on your case today
If you or a loved one have been arrested on DUI charges, you need to secure legal assistance as soon as possible. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our qualified and experienced team is ready to get to work on your behalf. We understand DUI cases and are ready to build a solid defense strategy. Let our knowledgeable and experienced team get to work so we can get the charges against you dismissed or reduced. When you need a Seattle DUI attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 800-529-0842.