While injuries happen all the time, when a person is harmed due to the careless or negligent actions of somebody else, the injured victim should be able to secure compensation. However, it is not always easy to secure compensation in the aftermath of an injury. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our personal injury attorneys in Spokane want to discuss why having legal assistance is so important in these cases.
THESE CASES ARE NOT EASY TO PROVE
Injuries that are caused by other people’s negligence are common. However, just because it may seem obvious that another party was at fault, that does not mean it will be easy to secure compensation. It is often necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit against an at-fault party in order to secure the coverage necessary for injury losses. Most injured victims do not have the resources or experience necessary to take on insurance carriers to secure maximum compensation.
A skilled personal injury attorney is an invaluable asset for these cases. An attorney will handle every aspect of your personal injury case, and they will have the resources to:
- Obtain all evidence to prove liability. This includes gathering video and photo surveillance, speaking to witnesses to the incident, obtaining accident reports, and more.
- Ensure that your medical records are evaluated by a trusted healthcare professional who will assess the full extent of your injuries.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to reach a fair compensation amount for all of your injury-related expenses.
- Prepare your case for trial if the other party refuses to offer a fair settlement.
Having an attorney also provides another major benefit for accident victims. Those who are injured need to focus on recovering, not worrying about their case. An attorney allows a personal injury victim the time to get better.
HOW WILL YOU PAY FOR A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY?
Many people shy away from securing an attorney for their personal injury case because they are worried about legal costs. However, most personal injury attorneys will take these cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that the injury victim will pay no legal fees until after compensation is secured through a settlement or verdict. They will pay a percentage of the final settlement.
OUR TEAM WILL WORK ON YOUR CASE TODAY
If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to careless or negligent actions of somebody else, you may be entitled to compensation. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our knowledgeable and experienced team is dedicated to helping you secure the compensation you need. We will thoroughly investigate your claim and refuse to accept low settlement offers. Our goal is to secure the following:
- Your medical expenses related to the injury
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party