Even though getting into a car accident is not what anyone wants to happen, the reality is that most people will get into a crash at some point in their lives. In Everett, car accidents are not uncommon. If you or someone you love has been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of another driver, you may need to seek legal assistance from an Everett car accident attorney. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, we want to discuss how an attorney will be beneficial to these cases.
Car accidents can become complicated
During the latest reporting year in Washington, there were more than 111,000 total car crashes across the state. In Everett, there were 3,064 crashes reported, many of which resulted in severe injuries for victims.
These cases can become complicated, especially when another driver was at fault, and you are dealing with aggressive insurance companies. Most Everett car accident victims do not have the resources or experience to properly handle all aspects of this process. An attorney is going to be incredibly beneficial and help in many ways. This includes:
- Investigation: One of the most important parts of this process is the investigation into the crash in order to prove liability. Your attorney will work to obtain all evidence pertaining to the crash, including eyewitness statements, the police report, any photographs taken at the scene, any available video surveillance, and more.
- Calculation: Your attorney will obtain your medical bills and income records, as well as evidence of all out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred in order to calculate your total losses properly.
- Negotiation: Most cases are settled before they go to trial, but this process involved extensive and skilled negotiation between your attorney and the other parties involved, including aggressive insurance carriers.
- Trial: If the other parties involved refuse to offer a fair settlement or deny a claim, you may need to file a personal injury lawsuit to obtain the compensation you need. Your attorney will be prepared for this, and will not be afraid to back down. By keeping trial an option, they will be better equipped to handle any negotiations.
It is vital that you find an attorney you can trust both personally and professionally, because this individual will be helping you get through a difficult moment in your life. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, we take pride in providing compassionate and skilled legal assistance for all steps in the car accident case process.
An attorney can help you secure compensation
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a crash that was caused by another driver, you need to seek legal assistance. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our qualified and experienced team is ready to help you secure any compensation you are entitled to. This can include:
- Any medical expenses related to the crash
- Lost income and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
In cases of gross negligence or malicious actions, your attorney will work to secure punitive damages as well. If you need an Everett car accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 800-529-0842.