Do you have questions about how to reinstate your drivers license?
Having your driver’s license suspended because of a DUI can be very frustrating and costly. Getting your license back can also depend on several factors, including your blood alcohol content and whether you were involved in any other previous DUI charges.
There are 2 separate license suspensions or revocations for DUI in Washington state.
If you’re arrested for DUI:
Washington State Department of Licensing will suspend your driver license unless:
- You request a hearing to contest the suspension within 20 days of your arrest; and
- The hearing examiner decides in your favor.
- If you don’t request a hearing or the hearing examiner doesn’t decide in your favor, your license will be suspended for 90 days to 2 years, depending on prior offenses and the severity of the incident. Your suspension will begin 60 days from the date of your arrest. If the hearing examiner decides in your favor, but the court still convicts you of DUI, your driver’s license will be suspended as a result of the court conviction. A hearing decision in your favor applies only to the suspension resulting from the arrest.
Washington State Department of Licensing may suspend your driver’s license for 90 days to 4 years, depending on prior offenses and the severity of the incident. The suspension will begin 45 days after they receive notice from the court showing you were convicted.
You will be credited for any suspension time resulting from your arrest. So if you already served a 90-day suspension for your arrest, that 90 days will be automatically credited toward the suspension time for the conviction.
Once your suspension is lifted, you will now need to begin the process of getting it back. You can begin by finding the suspension letter that was sent to you by the Washington State Department of Licensing explaining the details of how to get your driver’s license back or you can go to their website and complete the online reinstatement form. Click on the link provided and complete the form below.
We receive many referrals from former clients. They send their relatives and friends to us because they have experienced our thorough and diligent representation and know our DUI attorneys do everything we can for our clients.
Contact Our DUI Attorneys Today
- Free initial consultations with one of our DUI attorneys
- Weekday, evening and weekend appointments
- Phone consultations 24 hours a day in emergencies
- In-house Spanish translation
- A convenient location on Broadway in Everett