Getting hurt is not on the top of anyone’s to-do list. Unfortunately, we cannot control the negligent actions of the people around us. Whether it is a coworker, a store employee, or a stranger, there are times when other peoples’ behavior causes us harm.
If this happens, you need to know where to turn. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our personal injury team will get to work on your case. We want to make sure you get all the compensation you need in the aftermath of an accident. If you need a Renton personal injury attorney, call us today.
Unexpected Ways To Get Hurt
Personal injury lawsuits arise when someone else’s carelessness or negligence causes another person harm. We know that anytime you or a loved one are injured that the first priority is to ensure your medical needs are met. But what happens after that?
There are many ways in which people get hurt, but here are a few common personal injury causes:
- Medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the US and we know that the problem seems to be growing. Some estimates put the number of fatalities due to medical mistakes at 440,000 people a year. How many others are injured and have to live with the results of those mistakes?
- Faulty products are a bigger problem than most people realize, something evidenced by looking at the government website that tracks all current recalls. There, we can see that the problem extends beyond what we hear on the nightly news.
- Drunk and distracted are a threat to everyone’s safety. During the latest reporting year for Washington, there were more than 23,000 DUI arrests and nearly 34,000 citations for using a phone or texting while driving.
- Violent acts ranging from assaults while being robbed and criminal domestic violence to random incidents like getting caught in the crossfire of gunshot can also become personal injury cases alongside criminal cases.
- Workplace incidents are usually covered by workers’ compensation insurance, but there are times when a person’s claim is denied or a person is fired for reporting a claim when they need representation. There are also cases when people are eligible for more compensation than workers’ comp is offering, especially if a third party is responsible for the injury.
Where Do You Turn?
In the aftermath of an accident that causes you harm, we know that you will have many questions, especially if your injuries are due to another person’s negligence. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, we will work diligently to secure the compensation you need for all of your accident-related expenses. This can include:
- Your medical costs
- Lost wages if you miss work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages
When you need a Renton personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 800-529-0842. We will get to work today. We will get to work today so you can focus on healing and being with your family.