If you or a loved one are injured on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to significant compensation. Property owners have a responsibility to keep their premises safe for others. When they fail to do so, they can be held liable for damages. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, we are going to help you get the compensation you deserve. Our qualified and experienced team understands these cases, and we will perform a thorough investigation. Call us when you need an premises liability attorney.
What are premises liability cases?
Premises liability cases in Arlington, Washington arise when someone is injured while on someone else’s property due to the careless or negligent actions of the property owner. Property owners have a duty to ensure the safety of those who are allowed on their premises. Some of the most common premises liability injuries that our attorneys encounter include:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or punctures
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Drownings or near-drownings
How do premises liability injuries occur?
There are various ways in which these cases can arise.
- Slip and fall or trip and fall incidents are the most common ways that people are injured on another person’s property. They can occur in a variety of ways, including:
- Spills or leaks on the floor that have not been mopped
- Debris that has not been removed from aisles
- Discarded merchandise in pedestrian pathways
- Electrical cords running along the floor
- No wet floor signs after mopping
- No handrails available for stairs
- Uneven walking surfaces
- Poor overall property maintenance can result in serious injuries. All property owners must regularly inspect and maintain their entire premises to prevent the following:
- Cracks in sidewalk or pavement (or potholes)
- Faulty electrical work that can cause electrocutions
- Store displays or shelving from falling on patrons
- Furniture collapse in hotels
- Inadequate security is a major issue for all property owners. Ensuring guest safety is vital and can include:
- Having adequate lighting in all guest areas
- Functional locks on all doors and windows
- Proper surveillance equipment
- Security guard patrols where necessary
- Swimming pools and hot tubs present major risks to children. These areas should always be properly supervised and have a fence with a locking gate surrounding them.
What are your next steps?
If you or a loved one have been injured due to the negligent or careless actions of a property owner or their employees, please seek legal assistance today. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our experienced premises liability lawyers in Arlington understand how these cases work and how to investigate them. We want to secure the compensation you deserve, which could include:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against the property owner
If you need an Arlington premises liability attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 800-529-0842.