The last thing you expect when you are going to another person’s property is that you will be injured. Unfortunately, there are times when the careless or negligent actions of a property owner cause injuries to guests. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, we are here to help when you need a Pacific Northwest premises liability attorney. We will use our resources to conduct a thorough investigation into what happened so we can obtain full compensation for your injuries and other losses.
How do premises liability cases arise?
At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our attorneys have an extensive track record of success handling premises liability claims. Every investigation is crucial to assembling a solid case, regardless of whether or not the incident ends up being resolved through insurance carriers or through a personal injury lawsuit. There are various ways that these cases arise in and around our area. Some of the most common causes of premises liability accident injuries include the following:
- Slip and fall or trip and fall accidents: The most common cause of premises liability injuries are slip and fall accidents that occur due to the following:
- Spills or leaks that have not been cleaned up
- Debris not removed from pedestrian walkways
- Discarded merchandise causing a tripping hazard
- Electrical cords across the floor ways
- Recently mopped or waxed floors
- No handrails on stairways
- Uneven walking surfaces
- Poor overall property maintenance: Property owners are required to inspect and maintain their premises at all times to prevent hazards, some of which include:
- Cracks or potholes in sidewalks and pavement
- Faulty electrical work
- Store shelves or displays from falling
- Furniture collapse
- Inadequate security: All property owners should ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to protect patrons, though security measures will vary depending on the type of establishment. This can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Adequate lighting in all guest areas
- Functional locks on windows and doors
- Proper check-in or check-out procedures
- Working surveillance equipment
- Security patrols when necessary
- Swimming pools or hot tubs: Swimming pool and hot tub accidents can be devastating. These areas must be properly supervised and maintained and have a fence with a locking gate surrounding them to prevent children from wandering into the water.
Call our premises liability lawyer for help today
If you or a loved one have been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of a property owner, contact the team at Russell & Hill, PLLC for help with your case today. We understand how complex premises liability cases can become, but we have the resources and legal expertise necessary to conduct a complete investigation into the incident. Our goal is to secure the compensation you need, which can include coverage of your:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of quality of life damages
- General household out-of-pocket expenses
When you need a Pacific Northwest premises liability attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 425-728-7467.