Traumatic brain injuries, big or small, can be incredibly disruptive and challenging for the injured person and his or her loved ones. These injuries can impair brain function and may lead to an inability to work or perform other ordinary tasks and activities. Whether or not the injuries are short term or permanent, if you have sustained a traumatic brain injury caused by someone else’s negligent or intentional conduct, you deserve to be compensated. Contact our Federal Way traumatic brain injury attorneys to discuss your case and legal options for financial recovery.
Why you need a lawyer
When someone else’s fault causes your injuries, you may be tempted to seek compensation by yourself, especially if you are already receiving calls from insurance companies who want to settle with you. Our brain injury experts at Russell & Hill, PLLC recommend that you not talk to insurance companies until you have first consulted with an attorney. Experienced brain injury attorneys will likely net you a larger recovery for a number of reasons. See below for a further explanation.
- Extent of your injuries – It is often the case with traumatic brain injuries that you do not know the extent of your injury and whether or not it will be long term. Some symptoms take a while to appear and if you have already settled your claim with an insurance company, you will likely be barred from bringing a claim against them for injuries discovered later.
- Help with medical care and accommodations – Our clients are often overwhelmed and need assistance getting medical care and necessary accommodations right away. We can help with insurance and other issues to see that you get what you need in order to aid in your recovery.
- Case value – You probably do not know the true value of your case. There is much more to valuing a case than looking at injuries and medical bills. You deserve to be compensated for your injuries and damages which may include things like pain and suffering, lost wages, loss of future earnings, loss of consortium, and loss of enjoyment of life. We will hire experts when needed to help evaluate and assess your injuries and long-term outlook.
- Insurance company negotiations – Attorneys will often be able to secure a full financial recovery by negotiating with insurance companies. The only thing that makes insurance companies open their pocket books wider is when they understand that they are taking a big financial risk by going to trial. A good attorney will set forth your case to the insurance company and make sure they understand that the case will go to trial if they are not being reasonable when it comes to settlement terms.
- Proving injuries and damages – Traumatic brain injury legal experts will gather evidence to build your case for the compensation you deserve.
- Trial – If insurance companies are being unfair, a good attorney will take your case to trial and help you get a full and fair compensation.
If you have sustained a traumatic brain injury due to someone else’s fault, contact our Federal Way traumatic brain injury attorneys who will advocate for a full and fair recovery for you and your family.
Federal Way Areas of Practice