We are learning that Seattle Police plan to arrest a woman they say may have been responsible for a crash in West Seattle that left her passenger in critical condition. The driver was also hospitalized, as was the driver of the pickup truck she collided with.
Police say that the woman, 33, showed signs of impairment and that she will be arrested as soon as she is released from the hospital.
At Russell & Hill, PLLC, we recognize that drunk drivers are a major concern on our roadways. We also know that impaired driving incidents are just one of many ways that negligent drivers cause damages and injuries. If you have been injured in a car crash that was caused by someone else, you can count on Russell & Hill, PLLC to be by your side. When you need a Seattle car accident attorney, call us today.
Most vehicle accidents happen due to some form of driver errors. Sometimes, a driver’s negligence is so reckless that it is vital they are held responsible for damages and injuries. This can include:
- Drivers who speed or operate their vehicles aggressively. Not only is this type of driving behavior a choice, but they know better. Speeding caused nearly 20,000 during the state’s latest reporting year.
- Drivers who are impaired by drugs or alcohol cause more fatalities than anyone else. Drunk drivers are responsible for more than 6,000 annual accidents, many of which are deadly.
- Distracted drivers caused over 46,000 accidents in Washington’s latest reporting year. Many of these incidents can be attributed to people texting or watching videos on their phones.
The statistics for Washington show us that there were:
- 117,053 total collisions
- 49,505 total injuries
- 551 total fatalities
The total costs of car crash injuries go beyond medical expenses, which can easily reach into the hundreds of thousands of dollars for serious injuries. Many people do not consider other hidden costs like lost income and benefits of an accident victim if they cannot work. They also do not include costs for home and vehicle accommodations if a person needs certain medical equipment in the aftermath of an accident.
Will insurance companies cover all of these costs, or will they do everything they can to pay as little as possible?
What You Can Do
If another person’s negligence has caused you or a loved one harm while driving or as a vehicle passenger, you need to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, out knowledgeable and experienced team can ensure that you get the compensation you deserve for all of your accident-related expenses. This can include:
- Coverage of medical bills related to the crash
- Any income you lose if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages
When you need a car accident attorney in Seattle, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 800-529-0842. You focus on healing and let us focus on the hard work of getting your compensation.