The last thing you want to think about when you start your day is the idea that something may happen to your loved one. Unfortunately, there are times when other people’s negligence causes harm and even death to the people we care about the most. When that happens, you need to know what to do.
At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our compassionate and experienced team is ready to help you through this difficult time. We know that there are so many questions going through your head and we want to ease some of your burdens. When you need a Renton wrongful death attorney, you can count on us to be by your side.
How This Happens
Wrongful death occurs when someone else’s negligence, willful act, or wrongful act causes the death of another person. We often find that a single person can be responsible, as can a company or agency. Let’s look at some of the more common ways in which wrongful death cases arise:
- Impaired Drivers – In Washington, drunk drivers continue to cause major problems and are responsible for a high amount of traffic-related fatalities. According to the CDC, 29 people die in the US every day from a crash involving an alcohol-impaired driver.
- Workplace Accidents – It is up to an employer to ensure that their workers have a safe work environment. This means they need to provide the proper equipment needed for each job they as employers to perform. They should also fully train every worker for the jobs being done.
- Faulty Products – We often hear about cars catching fire and foods being recalled, but there are hundreds of products recalled each year due to poor designs, manufacturing problems, and labeling issues.
- Medical Malpractice – Medical mistakes kill at least 250,000 people a year and are the third leading cause of death in the United States. These mistakes can include medication errors, surgical errors, misdiagnosis, and infections acquired in a healthcare setting.
- Premises Incidents – When you go onto someone else’s property, you should be safe. Unfortunately, there are times when property owners fail to inspect and maintain their premises. This can cause major injuries and fatalities to patrons.
- Pedestrian Injuries – Reckless and careless drivers can cause major harm to pedestrians. In Pennsylvania’s latest reporting year, there were 150 pedestrians killed in vehicle crashes.
What You Can Do Now
We know that, in the aftermath of an incident in which a loved one has died unexpectedly, you will have many questions. This is especially true if someone else’s negligence has caused the fatality. At Russell & Hill, PLLC, our team is ready to step in and help.
We want to help you hold the people responsible for the death of your loved one accountable. We will work tirelessly to secure compensation for the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Lost income and benefits of the deceased
- Punitive damages
When you need a Renton wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 800-529-0842. We will get to work today.